GN 00905.350: Function of the FSP, Manila - Background
Effective Dates: 03/04/2016 - Present
- TN 10 (01-98)
GN 00905.350 Function of the SSA Division in FSP, Manila - Background Under a formal agreement with the Foreign Service Post in Manila they are the servicing office for Social Security claims and related matters for individuals residing in the Philippines. The SSA Division does not have the authority to make formal determinations nor can it adjudicate claims. However, it will perform the following services:
- * Take and process applications, including the necessary development and investigation;
- * Develop and report post-entitlement events affecting the suspense, reinstatement and termination of benefits;
- * Make payee recommendations;
- * Handle preclaims inquiries, earnings discrepancies, etc.;
- * Participate in the foreign enforcement program;
- * Deliver personally all benefit checks for $5,000 or more, as well as the corresponding award or letter;
- * Protect the beneficiaries' interests against the demands of claims helpers;
- * Handle requests for assistance from SSA offices in the U.S.
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.