HI 00801.006: Requirements for Entitlement - Regular Insured Provision
Effective Dates: 04/07/2015 - Present
- TN 25 (09-93)
- HI 00801.006 Requirements for Entitlement - Regular Insured Provision
CITATIONS: Social Security Act—Sec. 226(a) Railroad Retirement Act—Sec. 21 Regulations 42 CFR—Sec. 406.10
- A. Definitions
- 1. RSI benefit
- RSI benefit means any monthly benefit payable under section 202 of the Act.
- * Retirement benefits, spouse's benefits and widow(er)'s benefits are examples of RSI benefits.
* Special age 72 payments and payments under sections 411 and 412 of 38 U.S.C. by the Veterans Administration are not RSI benefits.
- 2. RRB certification
- RRB certification is the notification the Railroad Retirement Board (RRB) transmits to the Health Insurance Master Record that an individual has been found to be a qualified Railroad Retirement beneficiary (QRRB).
- B. Policy
- An individual is entitled to HI beginning with the first month he/she has attained age 65 and:
- * is entitled to a monthly RSI benefit, or
- * is eligible for a monthly RSI benefit (even if the NH has not filed for the monthly benefit on which an auxiliary's monthly benefit eligibility is based) and has filed an application for HI, or
- * has been certified by RRB as a QRRB.
- NOTE: An individual who dies in the month of attainment of age 65 may be entitled for this month even if death occurs before the actual day of attainment in that month.
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.