GN 01717.110: Scope of Swedish Agreement
Effective Dates: 11/22/2017 - Present
- TN 1 (09-93)
- GN 01717.110 Scope of Swedish Agreement
- A. Policy-benefit programs included
The provisions of the agreement that permit people to qualify for benefits based on combined U.S. and Swedish coverage credits apply only to retirement, survivors and disability benefits under each country's system. The agreement does not apply to U.S. Medicare benefits, Supplemental Security Income payments.
- B. Policy-taxes included
- The provisions of the agreement that eliminate dual Social Security coverage and taxes apply to:
- * U.S. Social Security taxes (FICA and SECA) including the Medicare portion, and
- * Swedish Social Security taxes that finance old-age, survivors and disability benefits under both the basic and ATP programs (but not taxes that finance other Swedish benefits such as unemployment, work accident and occupational illness, family cash allowances, and health insurance).
- C. Reference
- Agreement provisions for the elimination of dual coverage and taxation, RS 02001.400 - RS 02001.435
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.