GN 00205.130: Significance of Items on Retirement Applications
Effective Dates: 11/10/2011 - Present TN 45 (11-11)
- GN 00205.130 Significance of Items on Retirement Applications
- A. Marital status and children
* If the number holder (NH) has a spouse or child(ren), develop auxiliary benefits if they appear eligible.
- * Use the NH's marital history to decide if the NH may be eligible for another class of benefits.
* NOTE: If the NH is the widow(er) of a Railroad (RR) employee and is less than full retirement age, receiving Retirement Insurance benefits (RIB) may adversely affect the amount of the RR widow(er)'s annuity. * If the NH and his or her spouse are filing at the same time, do not complete the question about protecting the spouse's rights to benefits.
- B. Disability is alleged
If a disability is alleged, determine if the claimant may meet the requirements for DIB. Follow GN 00205.035 if disability is alleged.
- C. Current year earnings estimate
Use the earnings estimate for the retirement test, to evaluate information where the claimant needs quarters of coverage (QC) for insured status, and for benefit purposes in advance file cases. D. Permission to contact employers If the NH denies us permission to contact his or her employers, and contact is required for entitlement purposes, prepare a partial award (if possible) or diary the case without adjudication, pending availability of wage information. Advise the NH that the initial refusal does not bar a subsequent employer contact for wage investigation purposes (e.g., the NH fails to report earnings for deduction purposes). E. References * GN 00203.025 Interviewing Medicare Claimants * HI 00805.005 - HI 00805.070 for information on enrollment requirements * GN 00204.040 Month of Entitlement and Month of Election Options * GN 00204.041 Conditional MOET—Title II * RS 00605.360 WEP Applicability
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.